Features - RFx / Tender
Buyers can set up a variety of events such as RFIs, RFQs, RFPs and Tenders. This is traditionally the first step in e-Sourcing, with which the leading suppliers are established, which might then lead on to an auction for further price reduction. There are three steps in an RFx process: buyer creates an event, suppliers make submissions, and buyer evaluates submissions.
Buyer Creates EventThe RFx Creator is guided through a simple wizard that allows him/her to set up the event. This includes the ability to:
- upload any documents that are required by the supplier for their information for their further action (which they can then re-upload as required)
- invite suppliers from the database to participate in the event
- organize meetings such as site visits in which suppliers may get clarification before they put together their submissions
- create questionnaires for suppliers to provide information on their suitability to participate, including uploading documents such as certificates and so on
- set up a Bill of Quantities, which is the centrepiece of the RFx process
- lastly to assign each of the questionnaires and Bills of Quantities into envelopes with evaluators for each.
Supplier Makes Submission
Buyer Evaluates Submissions